Sunday, October 26, 2008

Blow Up Wresting Ring

As we see the Chinese

Excerpts Chinese Affairs

I want to mention a real episode, with some bitterness, but we must take note of everything that was not done to promote in Italy China, and the fact that Italian industry is only a piece of the system, that alone can not win the battle of the Chinese market.
The episode is this: the General Manager of a major Chinese public company, of which I am a friend, asking me to help organize a study trip to Italy for about twenty leaders. Not a trip to the savings, the budget was adequate, it could be a good opportunity to open a new, small but qualified channel, the Chinese tourism in Italy.
I do to try to do on the sites Italian institutional videos, pictures, descriptions in Chinese. Seeking even more institutional site, the ENIT, but I can not find a shred of promotional video to propose to the Board of Directors of The (let's head in the Chinese know very little of Italy, and that if we are to attract their tourism must show).
then decide to build a small home movie, putting together the most beautiful pictures of Venice, Rome, Florence, Milan, and putting a song in the background of Pavarotti. It came a decent job, a condensed summary of the beauties Italian.
proud that I was making a small contribution to our country, sending the movie to my friend to present to the Board of Directors of your Company, in support of the proposed trip to Italy. Help my friend to build an itinerary and also to have some quotes from Italian tour operators (who as a poor image have done their part). Some of the directors, however, said they were more in favor of a trip to France, and this proposal went against what my friend suggested that Director Italy. When I asked the rationale for them, the answer to pieces literally sent my remaining hopes on our country's ability to assert themselves for what that is, or was. The answer, more or less, was:

"Italy is a country that has just appeared at modernization, and is just out of misery!"

That's what we managed to convey to the Chinese 'Italian image. So the Chinese consider Ferrari, Prada, Valentino, Versace, Bottega Veneta, the peaks of excellence in a landscape of misery.

I came to wonder whether this is so.

0 comments:

Post a Comment